Placement Paper Questions :
Submitted By : Aashish Patil
1) What is the four-digit number in which the first digit is 1/3 of the second, the third is the sum of the first and second, and the last is three times the second?
The 4 digit number is 1349.
2) In a hotel, rooms are numbered from 101 to 550. A room is chosen at random. What is the probability that room number starts with 1, 2 or 3 and ends with 4, 5 or 6?
There are total 450 rooms.
Out of which 299 room number starts with either 1, 2 or 3. (as room number 100
is not there) Now out of those 299 rooms only 90 room numbers end with 4, 5 or
6.So the probability is 90/450 i.e. 1/5 or 0.20.
3) A 3 digit number is such that it’s unit digit is equal to the product of the other two digits which are prime. Also, the difference between it’s reverse and itself is
396.What is the sum of the three digits?
The required number is 236 and the sum is 11.
4) Difference between Bholu’s and Molu’s age is 2 years and the difference between Molu’s and Kolu’s age is 5 years. What is the maximum possible value of the sum of the difference in their ages, taken two at a time?
The maximum possible value of the sum of the difference in their ages –
taken two at a time – is 14 years.
5) 100 Kg. Potatoes with 98% water content are dried in an oven. The percentage of water decreases to 50 %. What is the weight of potatoes now.
6) There are two glasses A and B. A contains orange juice and B contains apple juice in same quantity.Some amount orange juice from glass A is transfered to glass B. The juice in glass B is mixed well. Then again the same amount of juice from B is transferred to A. Compare the quantities of apple juice in A and orange juice in B.
7) Boat A leaves shore P and Boat B leaves shore Q.(P and Q are opposite shores of a river.) A and B travel at constant speed.But the speeds are not same. Both boats meet at 600m from P for the first time. In their return journeys (ie after touching the shores), they meet agian at 200m from Q. Find distance between P and Q.
8) Pepsi, Fanta, Cola order either coffee or tea after dinner. a)If pepsi orders coffee, Fanta orders the drink that is ordered by cola. b)If fanta orders coffee, pepsi do not order the drink that is ordered by cola. c)If cola orders tea, pepsi orders the same drink ordered by fanta. Who take the same drink every day.