Maxim India Integrated Circuit Design / Maxim Integrated Products Pvt. Ltd.
At the heart of any electronic product is a digital core that interacts with people, with the physical world, with its power sources, and with other digital systems. Maxim is a worldwide leader in the design, development, and manufacture of the analog, mixed-signal, high-frequency, and digital circuits that enable all four of these key interactions. We serve approximately 35,000 customers worldwide.
Aptitude Test Paper :
1. If a boat is moving in upstream with velocity of 14 km/hr and goes downstream with a velocity of 40 km/hr, then what is the speed of the stream ?
(i) 13 km/hr
(ii) 26 km/hr
(iii) 34 km/hr
(iv) none of these
2. Find the value of ( 0.75 * 0.75 * 0.75 – 0.001 ) / ( 0.75 * 0.75 – 0.075 + 0.01)
3. A can have a piece of work done in 8 days, B can work three times faster than the A, C can work five times faster than A. How many days will they take to do the work together ?
(i) 3 days
(ii) 8/9 days
(iii) 4 days
(iv) can,t say
4. A car travels a certain distance taking 7 hrs in forward journey, during the return journey increased speed 12km/hr takes the times 5 hrs.What is the distance travelled
(i) 210 kms
(ii) 30 kms
(iii) 20 kms
(iii) none of these
5. Instead of multiplying a number by 7, the number is divided by 7. What is the percentage of error obtained ?
6. Find (7x + 4y ) / (x-2y) if x/2y = 3/2 ?
(iv) data insufficient
7. A man buys 12 lts of liquid which contains 20% of the liquid and the rest is water. He then mixes it with 10 lts of another mixture with 30% of liquid.What is the % of water in the new mixture?
8. If a man buys 1 lt of milk for Rs.12 and mixes it with 20% water and sells it for Rs.15, then what is the percentage of gain?
9. Pipe A can fill a tank in 30 mins and Pipe B can fill it in 28 mins.If 3/4th of the tank is filled by Pipe B alone and both are opened, how much time is required by both the pipes to fill the tank completely ?
10. If on an item a company gives 25% discount, they earn 25% profit. If they now give 10% discount then what is the profit percentage.
11. A certain number of men can finish a piece of work in 10 days. If however there were 10 men less it will take 10 days more for the work to be finished. How many men were there originally?
(i) 110 men
(ii) 130 men
(iii) 100 men
(iv) none of these
12. In simple interest what sum amounts of Rs.1120/- in 4 years and Rs.1200/- in 5 years ?
(i) Rs. 500
(ii) Rs. 600
(iii) Rs. 800
(iv) Rs. 900
13. If a sum of money compound annually amounts of thrice itself in 3 years. In how many years
will it become 9 times itself.
Ans : i